This 8 step plan can be applied to your goals to really support the success of them. If you want help with your goals and mindset, get in touch. Find me at https://emmalangton.com or email from the contact page to get in touch. Here’s my 8 steps:
1. Get Clear on Your Goals Ensure you know what it is that you really want to achieve when you set a goal or new resolution. What do you want to get out of it? When you achieve this goal what will it look like, feel like? How will you know if you’ve got there? Be really specific. These are a couple of goal setting models you can use: SMART Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Relative, Timely GROW Goal, Reality, Options, Way Forward
2. Write it Down Writing down your goals and plans makes them more real than keeping them in your head! Break it down in steps and stages or achievable chunks. If you want to go to the gym more or do more exercise, plan it into your week, plan the when, where, how.
3. Be Accountable Tell people what you are going to do. This also mean you take responsibility for what goes on. Being accountable means that you’re highlighting what you are going to do, and it’s really down to you to make it happen (regardless of what happens around you). It’s a great way to keep yourself in check.
4. Take Action Please don’t sit back and wait for things to happen! You cannot hope that everything will fall into place. So those specific things you said you were going to do, you actually have to do them (even if you feel uncomfortable or it starts out being difficult!)
5. Review Review your plans periodically. That might be every week or month. If some of your plans didn’t work, that’s OK. It doesn’t have to mean it’s all over! Review, tweak, change, adjust to make sure your plans continue to work for you.
6. Visualise (9.20m) Visualise how you want your goal to be. How do you want to look and feel? Check out this previous podcast on visualisation. If you’re on work successes, what do you want that success look like? Where do you want to be sitting, what do you want to be doing, which people do you want to talk to, what do you want to be talking about and who do you want to be working with? Really think about the details. How will you talk? Think of your body language. Thank about the images like your diary / bank balance / desk space. It all helps add depth and detail.
7. Affirm Your Mindset Mindset is so important. Some people say mindset accounts for about 85% of successes! So do work on your mindset too. Create a phrase or two about how you want to think, how you want to be, what it is that you are going have or do. Ensure you use present tense for these phrases and affirmations like “I can do this”. “I am confident”.
8. Repeat Each Day Each day, get this into your routine. Visualise your goals and take action, check, adjust then repeat. Little and often stops the overwhelm and negativity. Let me know how you get on! Get your free overwhelmemmalangton.activehosted.com/f/5